Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Kindergarten Journal Writing

Here are some pics of our classroom journals that we use each and every day!

My kiddos write weekly in their science journals about our classroom science experiments or the weekly science theme.

This kiddo is writing about the life cycle of our classroom plant experiments.

Each week I introduce a poem to my kiddos.  During literacy centers the children illustrate the poem and find common sight words.

During our insect unit, the children use stamp pads to illustrate bugs for this poem.  I found this cute poem in Deanna Jump's Insect unit!  So cute!

Math journals are used daily for our question of the day.  During guided math, my kiddos complete the problem of the day, and then  they work in centers.

So proud of my kiddos!



2 comments:

  1. I love all of the journals your kiddos do. You should be very proud of them too! =)

    Welcome to blogging. I hope you love it as much as I do. I am happy to be your first follower! Wahoo, WAHOO! I would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,
    Thank you so much for being my very first follower! You seriously made my day. I am so excited about blogging and I can't wait to meet many new friends. I will definitely take a look at your blog :) Sherry

    ReplyDelete