Friday, August 10, 2012

Back To School: Day One

     It's here!  Time to conquer the good ol' classroom.  Mistake number one.....thinking I need a new layout.  It would of been much easier to keep my same classroom layout from last year, but NO....I decide to rearrange everything and now I am in the middle of one big MESS!
     I need to LOVE the space that I am going to be in day after day, so I spent all summer surfing the web and blogs to find that comfy space that I am looking for.  So I am showing my room on DAY 1 so you can see how I possibly put it all together before the first day of kindergarten.  You can also take a look at my classroom tour from last school year and let me know which layout you like better!!!  Here are some pics of the disaster zone.......



Here is the view from the front door.


Nice and clean, but a lot of work ahead of me....

Tried to move my desk and it completely fell apart.  Desk is gone!  Hopefully I'll get a new one from another classroom.  I'll keep my fingers crossed :)


OK so I dove right in.  I always wanted a cute sink area.  Last year this was always so ugly and boring.  So I put bright fuchsia and trimmed it with a cute flower black border.  My entire classroom is going to have bright green, purple, blue and fuchsia with black polka dot borders.  
With the desk breaking this is all I have for now..................Stay tuned :)!


3 comments:

  1. Hello! I am your newest follower and I just nominated you for a blog award! As soon as you get a chance, hop on over to my blog and follow me to grab your award and pass it on!
    Happy blogging!
    Megan
    Teacher Wife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan,
    Thank you so much! I need help. How can I post the award on my blog? Obviously never done this before???? Looking forward to passing it on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherry!
    Sorry to not have seen your comment back here! I just posted a reply back to yours on my blog post about the award under the comments section! Just in case, here's the link I posted for you from Megan @ I Teach. What's Your Super Power?
    She has how to repost the awards along with other tips that have been super helpful for me, too! Let me know if you have any problems figuring it out :). Make sure to link up with my Meet the Teacher Night Linky Party, too!
    Happy blogging!
    Megan
    Teacher Wife

    ReplyDelete