Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Alphabet Realia!

Here are some activities I do with my kiddos at the ABC center. I found this great jewelry organizer at Marshals and in an instant I turned it into a center. I found small objects for each letter. I children sort the objects into the correct pocket. So fun for my kiddos :)!
Each week we focus on the letter of the week. We always start off our week with Our Very Busy Caterpillar! The letter of the week is added to the caterpillar. When we are focusing on a vowel that letter gets two feet. One short for the short vowel sound and one long for the long vowel sound. My kiddos remember the vowels fast because of this little special touch to our caterpillar. We also read the weekly song and I can always find a friend to come up and find all the words that begin with the letter of the week. That's it for now! Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment