Wednesday, April 10, 2013

LET'S GET WACKY!



So here we go... week #2 of my new Linky Party!  Last week I only had 1 faithful follower join my party.  To be honest, I felt a little lonely.  I am hoping this week will turn out much better(keeping my fingers crossed)?  I love Linky Parties and I love meeting new blogging friends.  So the other day I was walking my class to music, and one of my kinders said to me, "It's Wacky Wednesday, Mrs. Andrighetto!"  Now in kindergarten every day can be a bit "Wacky," but I know that we all have those days when things just don't go as planned, or the unexpected happens!  For me, that is what makes teaching an experience, learning how to handle the unexpected, the crazy mishap, or the unpredictable event.  What do you do?  How do you remain calm or do you remain calm?  So taking this 5 year old's expression, "Wacky Wednesday," I decided to turn this into a weekly LInky Party where teachers can share those funny stories you run home to tell your family about.  I know in my house I always have a story to share for the dinner table.  So join the party and let Wacky Wednesday make you giggle...grin...or make you realize that we are all in this together!

Rules of Wacky Wednesday Linky Party
1.  Tell me that crazy, unexpected event that happened in your class this week.
2.  Leave a comment for the person before and after your link!
3.  Make sure you include my link in your post.
4.  Most importantly Have fun!

Where do I begin with this week.  With a week long vacation in the gorgeous Palm Springs, I knew coming back to reality was going to be tough.  I never expected this CRAZY Northern California wind storm to hit the Bay Area.  It sounded like a hurricane!  I was up beginning at 3am because I was so worried my teenagers would not wake up for school.  Constantly checking my cell phone over, and over, and over, and over again!  Was school going to be canceled the first day back from break?  Oh gosh I did not sleep all night.  So our first day back school was canceled due a huge power outage.  But believe it or not some parents still brought their kids to school to what?  Play in the dark?  I had one student in my class who by the way is adorable.  We just hung out all day doing projects, beading, reading, playing with flashlights, you name it.  ALL IN THE DARK!  Some teachers had half their class all day in the dark.  It was CRAZY!  I think parents had a hard time understanding that they had yet another day with their child, that Spring Break was still not over with.  We made it through the day and I am very impressed with those teachers that had a positive attitude and did what they do best, work in the oddest situation and act like it's normal when it truly was not a normal day at school.

Now PLEASE, PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT YOUR CRAZINESS IN YOUR CLASS :)



3 comments:

  1. Hey Sherry! That is a crazy day! We had a similar situation not too long ago, but it was a power outage due some construction on our school. School hadn't officially started yet, but parents still brought their kiddos. I taught all day in a light strobe of a classroom as the lights were flicker on and off (causing LOTS of headaches!!!) You should promote this linky in the TpT forums! I would love to hear about more people's crazy days! :)

    Leigh
    The Applicious Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! I will try my best to link up with you next Wednesday!!! =)

    Carrie
    Buzz Into Kinder

    ReplyDelete